i should be singing through the house; with animated forest animals following me about; happy to feel so much better. instead i sit before you in a foul, foul mood - with no explanation to be had. & so i say.... rats & fleas!
countdown, day 4: today we will light the menorah, & play dreidel!
review: thehobbit was excited all through the day at the prospect of lighting a match, & rounds of dreidel until into the wee hours of the night (also known as 7pm.) the lighting part went well... what's there not to love about starting a teeny fire when you are 9? what did not go well was that we never found his dreidel. oops. hannukah has only just begun, so hopefully we shall find it today.
& to thank you for putting up with my foul mood; here is one of my favorite recipes!
*cabbage & leek pasta*
1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
1-2 leeks, rinsed & sliced
spinach linguini, cooked
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
smallish chunk of chevre
salt & pepper
tsp dried parsley
chili flakes to taste
panko - japanese bread crumbs
1/2 c milk of your choice (we use rice)
1) preheat oven to 350.
2) saute cabbage, garlic, & leeks in olive oil until cooked to your liking (i like them reaaally cooked)
3) add the cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, chili, & pasta. stir to incorporate the cheese.
4) transfer to your baking dish
5) whisk egg & milk in a bowl, then add to the rest, stirring quickly to get the egg throughout
6) cover with a layer of panko, & bake for 40 minutes.
(vegans: omit the cheese, & egg. add a heap of nutritional yeast to milk substitute, increase oil a tad, & bake only 20 minutes.)
have a ratless & flealess day!