25 September 2010

a boy with two mamas to love

*

my wee boy is happiest out of doors. he loves most everything about it, is at one moment made giddy by it, the next, is made peaceful.


his favorite thing is to sit alone on the grass. he quietly runs his hands over it, picks at it, pulls up longer strands, tears them to teeny bits, & begins again. it's as though he is trying to know the very essence of the grass.


usually we'll find a lovely bit of grass, or a teensy stick, clutched tightly in his hand long after we've come indoors.


the day i took these photos he wanted nothing to do with me & my pesky camera. i was trying to get some good shots of his face, for far-away relatives, but he would have none of it. we were intruders, my camera & i.

finally i gave up trying, & left him to indulge his love of mother nature. i wasn't the least bit jealous that he preferred her to me. well, perhaps a bit...

~peace.

6 comments:

mrsbeccijo said...

nothing better then bare toes in the grass!
Beccijo

germandolls said...

I think you still got some lovely shots. I understand your son. We do drive them nuts with the camera at times...I love the way you write!

woolies said...

I love these pics, and that your babe loves mother nature. :)

rubelin said...

sometimes I wonder if we didn't make him believe grass to have magical properties by too often offering him a piece to play with as a distraction =)

EvesLIttleEarthlings said...

Be grateful that he isn't making some stupid grimacing face for the camera and hamming it up to be in the picture. That is FAR worse....some of the kids in my daycare used to do it all the time...I could never get a shot of them just playing or sitting!
Isn't it nice when they love nature and they're not asking for TV time??

Emmanuelle said...

Lovely post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...