07 April 2010

hummus sans legumes

*


it is freakyhard to be a vegetarian, & be unable to eat legumes. i sincerely hope elfling outgrows his legume-intolerance, & soon.

well, you can imagine my glee when i came across recipes for hummus without legumes! they were more or less the same, so i chose one & set about making it. i was surprised at how much it tasted like hummus! it wasn't perfect though - here is my tweaked version:

zucchini hummus
4 medium zukes, peeled & diced
1 cup tahini
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt (add more if needed)
1/4 tsp ground cumin
tsp dried parsley
1) purée all ingredients. 2) make some more for me.
notes: add olives or artichoke hearts before you purée. or heat it with crumbled feta, mmmm.




i hope you give this a try - if you do, let me know how it turns out.

~peace.

2 comments:

cutelittlething said...

oh cool! My very allergic daughter can have everything in this and something to do with all those zucchini...Yippee!

Linda said...

I think we will deinately try this:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...